Beetroot Hummus Noodles
By Sinead Ryan, Recipe Developer for Nutritank and a 2nd year Medical Student at Cardiff University
Noodles in creamy, garlicy beetroot hummus. I’ve included a recipe for homemade hummus but you could simply buy some from the supermarket if you’re short on time!
This recipe serves 2 but don’t forget batch cooking is a lifesaver so double everything and freeze it!
Hummus (see recipe below)
50g dry noodles
100g butternut squash
6 button mushrooms
8 cherry tomatoes
Hummus (serves 2):
½ tin chickpeas
2 tbsp tahini
3 garlic cloves
Dash of salt and pepper
1 beetroot, cooked
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
Water (add 1 tbsp at a time until desired consistency is reached)
1) Preheat oven to 180 °C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper (or a reusable silicon baking mat).
2) Blend all hummus ingredients in a food processor, adding 1 tbsp of water at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
3) Chop the butternut squash and turnip into cm cubes. Add to baking tray and roast in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
4) Add mushrooms and tomatoes for a further 10-15 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, chop avocado into cubes.
6) Assemble everything together by mixing the noodles and hummus, top with the roasted vegetables and avocado. To add an extra punch of flavour, sprinkle on some fresh basil and nutritional yeast.